AABP Job Postings
Looking for an employment opportunity with an AABP member? Click on a job title below to learn more about positions currently available.
To post a vacancy, click the add a job posting button. Postings will be removed after 60 days!
The award-winning Los Angeles Business Journal is seeking an ambitious, proactive reporter to cover the booming biotech and health care industries in the region. With three major research universities, a number of highly successful entrepreneurs in the space, and a number of leading teaching hospitals, it is a beat that is under-covered locally. As a result, there is an opportunity for the right reporter to quickly become established as the leading source of information and news on industries that have profound impact on the local economy and the health care market nationally.
Health care and/or biotech reporting experience is highly valued. Also valued is a demonstrated ability to dig for stories, a sense of skepticism, and curiosity, and the ability to engage and enlighten readers. We’re looking for someone who will hit the ground running and integrate quickly in our highly productive newsroom.
The Business Journal is in a period of transformation, redefining how we deliver news and analysis both in our core print product and in our redesigned digital offerings. Creative thinkers are highly valued: Reporters are expected to develop stories of substance while also thinking about visual and graphical elements that can enhance their impact across all platforms.
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – a winner of multiple national awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers for investigative reporting, feature writing and design-seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to guide its print and digital publications.
Business Report is the premier business publication for Louisiana’s Capital Region, which includes Baton Rouge and eight surrounding parishes. Our print edition publishes biweekly; our twice-daily e-newsletter, Daily Report, publishes morning and afternoon editions packed with original reporting. Along with the www.businessreport.com website, these publications provide insightful content on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
- Conceptualizing, planning and producing a biweekly business-to-business magazine with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
- Managing Business Report’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
- Managing a full-time staff of six as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
- Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives and collaborating as needed with other divisions of Louisiana Business Inc., including production, sales and special events
- Storytelling experience in multiple formats
- An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
- Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
- Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
- Networking savvy and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe inCopy, Google Drive and data visualization products such as Tableau, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in editorial management
- Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to Editorial Director Penny Font at email@example.com or to P.O. Box 1949, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1949.