Looking for an employment opportunity with an AABP member? Click on a job title below to learn more about positions currently available.
To post a vacancy, click the add a job posting button. Postings will be removed after 60 days!
COLORADO PUBLISHING HOUSE IS HIRING!
If you want to work for a dynamic company with a solid growth plan for 2021 and beyond, we want to talk to you! Now’s your chance to be part of the team that brings you the most trusted publications in the community: The Colorado Springs Indy. The Colorado Springs Business Journal. Southeast Express. The Pikes Peak Bulletin.
At Colorado Publishing House, we have a mission. We’re not just a company — we are part of the community. We believe journalism is an invaluable public service, and we invite you to become part of that mission to be a light in the darkness, a voice for the disempowered, to speak truth to power. We believe truth matters. If you do too, join us.
We are currently hiring an Associate Editor for the Colorado Springs Indy.
- Assist in all aspects of the newsroom — the associate editor should be able to
handle copy editing and managing reporters and could fill in for managing editors
or the editor-in-chief if those editors are absent or not available.
- Have a minimum of two bylines per month, whether opinion, editorial or news
(print or digital).
- Work with reporters on story ideas and improving their writing.
- Assist with budgeting stories each week and managing resources.
- Plan and manage special sections.
- Work with the design department to budget stories and plan covers.
- Host/facilitate events.
- Work toward assuming the responsibilities of managing editor. In most cases, the
associate editor would report to the managing editor or editor-in-chief for
guidance regarding story assignments, etc.
- Strong background in news and features copy-editing and well-developed logical
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience with Adobe InCopy and TownNews preferred for all newsroom positions.
- 5 years’ newsroom experience (newspaper/magazine/online), ability to juggle multiple deadlines at a time, wrangle writers and play well with others.
Salary: $38,000 – $45,000
At Colorado Publishing House, we reward our hardworking team with perks to end all perks. In addition to competitive salaries, health and dental insurance, we offer paid time off whenever you need it (yes, you read that right!), a trade program for up to 50% off food and merchandise from a variety of local businesses, free tickets to local events, entry to company events you know and love, including Indy Best Of and CSBJ Rising Stars. And as if all that wasn’t enough, your dog is welcome to join you in the office and starting at 4 p.m. each day, you’ll also have access to the company’s beer keg which is stocked with IPAs from local breweries. What are you waiting for? Send your résumé, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
COLORADO PUBLISHING HOUSE (CPH) IS SEEKING A GO-GETTER FOR AN EXCITING SALES POSITION! The Director of Advertising position just opened up at CPH. This is high-level sales position that provides a unique opportunity to work for a progressive, community minded company with a solid growth plan and a history of success. As the home of prestigious publications including The Colorado Springs Business Journal, The Colorado Springs Independent, Pikes Peak Bulletin, and Southeast Express, we inform and influence every corner of the Pikes Peak region. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join us in our mission to shine a light in the dark, provide voices for those who are disempowered, and to speak truth to power. We believe truth matters. If you do too, apply today.
The Director of Advertising for CPH will report to the Publisher and the Chairman, and will oversee all activities in advertising sales and operations for multiple print and digital publications. This person is responsible for growing existing business, developing new business, and selling individually for existing or new house accounts while also assigning leads for an energetic team of account executives.
The Director of Advertising gathers suggestions and feedback from the field, and evaluates innovative ideas originating within our organization, implementing effective advertising strategies and solutions for our clients.
As the Director of Advertising, you’ll recruit and train cream-of-the-crop new account executives and motivate our experienced account sales team to meet and exceed their sales goals. You’ll conduct one-on-one meetings with sales team members, lead weekly sales meetings, and interact with our collaborative managers and department heads.
Ultimately, The Director of Advertising will cultivate and inspire a high-performance, customer-focused, and result-based sales department culture for an organization where the local community we serve is key. As a result of your in-person and virtual meetings with existing and new business clients, you’ll support our sales team and maintain market awareness of our products and services, strengthening and building long-lasting professional relationships between CPH and our advertisers.
To apply, you must:
• have a strong background and proven track record in sales
• have a proven capacity to motivate, lead, and mentor a sales team using both established methods and new and innovative strategies
• be able to quickly navigate, and contribute to, the company’s ever-expanding environment in sales, promotions, publications and events
• review our mission, publications and products, and demonstrate your acquired knowledge of what we have to offer the community.
• understand the various aspects and interactions of print and digital publications including sales, edit, events, promotions, special issues and community involvement
• have experience working with daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and revenue goals and budgets
• demonstrate strong communication and team building skills
• provide a history of community and business engagement
• be a team player who is accountable, reliable and self-starting
Compensation: In addition to a competitive base and generous commission, this position offers health, vision, dental and life insurance, as well as perks you rarely find anywhere else. These include unlimited PTO (yes, you read that right!), opportunities for remote work, a trade program for up to 50% off food and merchandise from a variety of local businesses, free tickets to company and local events – and more.
Submit your application today. We anticipate filling this position quickly.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs(at)csindy(dot)com.
• Remote interview process
• Temperature screenings • Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings • Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – a winner of multiple national awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers for investigative reporting, feature writing and design-seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to guide its print and digital publications.
Business Report is the premier business publication for Louisiana’s Capital Region, which includes Baton Rouge and eight surrounding parishes. Our print edition publishes biweekly; our twice-daily e-newsletter, Daily Report, publishes morning and afternoon editions packed with original reporting. Along with the www.businessreport.com website, these publications provide insightful content on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
- Conceptualizing, planning and producing a biweekly business-to-business magazine with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
- Managing Business Report’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
- Managing a full-time staff of six as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
- Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives and collaborating as needed with other divisions of Louisiana Business Inc., including production, sales and special events
- Storytelling experience in multiple formats
- An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
- Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
- Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
- Networking savvy and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe inCopy, Google Drive and data visualization products such as Tableau, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in editorial management
- Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to – [your contact info]