AABP Job Postings
Looking for an employment opportunity with an AABP member? Click on a job title below to learn more about positions currently available.
To post a vacancy, click the add a job posting button. Postings will be removed after 60 days!
At the Delaware Business Times we blend the tangible results of print advertising with the power of digital platforms and exceptional event marketing to deliver amazing results for our advertisers. The Advertising Director is a key driver of this business, leading our sales team to develop new business and uncover revenue opportunities from existing clients.
While actively maintaining a personal account list, the Advertising Director works directly with salespeople to prospect for new advertisers, create and sell solution-based marketing programs and manage campaigns across a variety of channels once sold.
We’ll provide all the tools you’ll need with multiple, highly respected B2B publications including Delaware Business Times, Innovation Delaware, Book of Lists and Stuff Built and Made in Delaware along with industry leading digital advertising platforms, ad production, support staff, sales training and more.
Equally as important, our working environment is never boring and always filled with a lot of creative and goal-oriented teammates. Competitive benefits and compensation plan are also part of the package.
We ask that you bring a desire to win, some success in the world of business to business sales and a genuine passion to help people. When our clients are successful, we all win. Prior sales management experience preferred.
Tell us why you’re the best candidate for this career opportunity with Delaware Business Times. Send cover letter and resume to Michael Reath, Publisher, Delaware Business Times at Careers@DelawareBusinessTimes.com
Today Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Email Editor Katy Smith at email@example.com.
The Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly (FWBW) now in its 15th year, is
looking for an Advertising Director with experience in revenue
generation and leadership at a business journal. Responsibilities
include revenue leadership of seven weeklies, events, and online and
digital revenue strategies utilizing our two multi-newspaper umbrella
websites. Daily newspaper experience a plus.
FWBW is part of KPC Media Group, the largest independent newspaper
company in Indiana, with three dailies, 12 weeklies, a direct mail
company, commercial printing operations and digital services.
Salary commensurate with experience. All inquiries kept strictly
confidential. Please contact Lou Phelps, CEO, KPC Media Group, Inc. at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone at 912-220-2759.
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – a winner of multiple national awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers for investigative reporting, feature writing and design-seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to guide its print and digital publications.
Business Report is the premier business publication for Louisiana’s Capital Region, which includes Baton Rouge and eight surrounding parishes. Our print edition publishes biweekly; our twice-daily e-newsletter, Daily Report, publishes morning and afternoon editions packed with original reporting. Along with the www.businessreport.com website, these publications provide insightful content on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
- Conceptualizing, planning and producing a biweekly business-to-business magazine with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
- Managing Business Report’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
- Managing a full-time staff of six as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
- Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives and collaborating as needed with other divisions of Louisiana Business Inc., including production, sales and special events
- Storytelling experience in multiple formats
- An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
- Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
- Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
- Networking savvy and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe inCopy, Google Drive and data visualization products such as Tableau, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in editorial management
- Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to Editorial Director Penny Font at email@example.com or to P.O. Box 1949, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1949.