AABP Job Postings
Looking for an employment opportunity with an AABP member? Click on a job title below to learn more about positions currently available.
To post a vacancy, click the add a job posting button. Postings will be removed after 60 days!
D CEO, named the best regional business magazine in the country for
five of the last six years, is looking for a bright, detail-oriented
associate editor to work on its print and digital products.
Baseline attributes include excellent writing skills, the ability to
manage (and enforce!) print and digital schedules for the team,
planning skills for multiple projects every month and throughout the
year (you love Excel spreadsheets!), trained in copyediting and
proofreading, and two years of experience in a professional
You will manage all deadlines for the editorial staff, provide
detailed information to the art team, write copy (print and digital)
for our awards programs, write scripts for events, and prepare D
CEO’s popular weekly e-newsletters (general business and commercial
If you are organized (obsessive, even better), can spin a dozen plates
at once, keep your cool in a fast-paced, ever-changing editorial
environment, and have an innate curiosity that allows you to produce
stories that will inform, entertain, and inspire, get in touch today.
We want to meet you.
No phone calls. Please send your resume to Brandon.email@example.com.
Virginia Business is seeking a new editor of the magazine.
The editor will lead a full-time editorial staff of four employees and more than a dozen freelance writers, photographers and illustrators. The editorial staff produces 12 monthly issues of Virginia Business, a daily email newsletter, a weekly commercial real estate newsletter and two annual publications, Hampton Roads Business and the Virginia Maritime Guide.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and published clips to Robert Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Manager/Chief Executive Officer
The locally owned Colorado Publishing House seeks a dynamic, passionate leader for the position of General Manager/Chief Revenue Officer.
CPH is located in Colorado Springs, CO and publishes seven award-winning newsweeklies including the Colorado Springs Independent, the Colorado Springs Business Journal, The Pikes Peak Bulletin, as well as three newsweeklies at the local Air Force and Army bases. Last year CPH’s nonprofit arm, Give!, helped 75 local non-profits generate more than $1.5 dollars via donations from 8,000 individuals.
In February 2019 we will be launching the Southeast Express, our eighth newsweekly mailed to 30,000 households.
CPH is passionate about our home, and the Pikes Peak region and our goal is to enrich the lives of the people in the community.
- Developing and driving revenue across all platforms and publications.
- Helping our two group publishers manage and empower our dedicated staff members.
- Community involvement and relationship building.
The ideal candidate for GM/CRO will have a strong background in sales leadership and a skillset that reflects both tactical and strategic abilities. Experience working with different types of publications and platforms is a plus.
The GM/CRO will work with sales leadership and sales executives to capture the huge revenue potential in this fast-growing western market. While revenue will be the primary focus of the GM/CRO, a candidate with the right background and abilities may assume greater responsibilities within the company including promotion/marketing, circulation, finance and business operations.
The culture of Colorado Publishing House is very entrepreneurial, diverse and driven by community journalism. We are believe that good, local newspapers play a vital role in the community — a role that cannot be easily replaced by television, the Internet or radio.
We need a candidate who mirrors our belief in newspapers, is willing to fight to grow the presence of the publishing house, can inspire people to do great things and be a part of our talented 50+ person team.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume to Publisher Amy Sweet at email@example.com.
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – a winner of multiple national awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers for investigative reporting, feature writing and design-seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to guide its print and digital publications.
Business Report is the premier business publication for Louisiana’s Capital Region, which includes Baton Rouge and eight surrounding parishes. Our print edition publishes biweekly; our twice-daily e-newsletter, Daily Report, publishes morning and afternoon editions packed with original reporting. Along with the www.businessreport.com website, these publications provide insightful content on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
- Conceptualizing, planning and producing a biweekly business-to-business magazine with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
- Managing Business Report’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
- Managing a full-time staff of six as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
- Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives and collaborating as needed with other divisions of Louisiana Business Inc., including production, sales and special events
- Storytelling experience in multiple formats
- An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
- Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
- Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
- Networking savvy and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe inCopy, Google Drive and data visualization products such as Tableau, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in editorial management
- Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to Editorial Director Penny Font at firstname.lastname@example.org or to P.O. Box 1949, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1949.