AABP Job Postings
Looking for an employment opportunity with an AABP member? Click on a job title below to learn more about positions currently available.
To post a vacancy, click the add a job posting button. Postings will be removed after 60 days!
Columbus CEO, a lively business magazine in the heart of thriving Columbus, Ohio, ISO an associate editor.
The right candidate is a news breaker who feeds off developing a deep network of trusted sources and making waves in print and online. You must enjoy an environment of rapidly shifting projects and priorities,
but you’ll be rewarded with rarely having to stay late or work weekends. Must have a strong writing voice and be as comfortable spinning out thoughtful, meticulously researched, 3,500-word magazine
features as you are writing spot business news with accuracy and wit. Non-business journalists should not shy away from this post. It boils down to having fun telling compelling stories about people. You’ll be working on meaningful projects and meeting the top business and government leaders in a city brimming with new energy. Bonus: You’ll get occasional bylines in our sister publication, The Columbus Dispatch.
Columbus CEO is part of nationally recognized Dispatch Magazines, a standalone family of brands that also includes Columbus Monthly, Columbus Alive and more. Join a design-driven newsroom packed with some of the most talented, creative journalists in the Midwest and beyond. https://www.columbusceo.com/
Email Editor Katy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly (FWBW) now in its 15th year, is
looking for an Advertising Director with experience in revenue
generation and leadership at a business journal. Responsibilities
include revenue leadership of seven weeklies, events, and online and
digital revenue strategies utilizing our two multi-newspaper umbrella
websites. Daily newspaper experience a plus.
FWBW is part of KPC Media Group, the largest independent newspaper
company in Indiana, with three dailies, 12 weeklies, a direct mail
company, commercial printing operations and digital services.
Salary commensurate with experience. All inquiries kept strictly
confidential. Please contact Lou Phelps, CEO, KPC Media Group, Inc. at
email@example.com or by cell phone at 912-220-2759.
Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – a winner of multiple national awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers for investigative reporting, feature writing and design-seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to guide its print and digital publications.
Business Report is the premier business publication for Louisiana’s Capital Region, which includes Baton Rouge and eight surrounding parishes. Our print edition publishes biweekly; our twice-daily e-newsletter, Daily Report, publishes morning and afternoon editions packed with original reporting. Along with the www.businessreport.com website, these publications provide insightful content on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
- Conceptualizing, planning and producing a biweekly business-to-business magazine with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
- Managing Business Report’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
- Managing a full-time staff of six as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
- Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives and collaborating as needed with other divisions of Louisiana Business Inc., including production, sales and special events
- Storytelling experience in multiple formats
- An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
- Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
- Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
- Networking savvy and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Adobe inCopy, Google Drive and data visualization products such as Tableau, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in editorial management
- Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to Editorial Director Penny Font at firstname.lastname@example.org or to P.O. Box 1949, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1949.