Editorial Excellence Awards
AABP conducts an Editorial and Design Excellence Competition annually. The competition is coordinated and judged by faculty in the University of Missouri School of Journalism. The purpose of the competition is to encourage a high level of journalistic performance and service to communities by recognizing editorial excellence and outstanding visual presentation in regional business publications. In the previous competitions, entries were submitted from 46 publications in the US, Canada and Australia. Winners are announced at the Awards banquet held in conjunctions with the Annual Summer Conference of AABP.
2018 Award Winners
Congratulations! Awards were presented for the Editorial Excellence Awards competition on Saturday, June 23rd in Washington, DC.
Above you will find the slides as presented on Saturday and you can review the full comments from the judges in print format.
2018 Awards Gallery
Past Award Winners
Below are links to the Press Release and List of Award Winners for the last several years.
- 2017 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Dallas, TX
- 2016 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Des Moines, IA
- 2015 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Charlotte, NC
- 2014 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Baltimore, MD
- 2013 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Nashville, TN
- 2012 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Milwaukee, WI
- 2011 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Providence, RI
Lewis M. Conn Award
The Lewis M. Conn Award is named in honor of Lewis Conn, who was the owner/publisher of Kentucky Business Ledger — one of the oldest regional business publications in the US started shortly after WWII.