Editorial Excellence Awards
AABP conducts an Editorial and Design Excellence Competition annually. The competition is coordinated and judged by faculty in the University of Missouri School of Journalism. The purpose of the competition is to encourage a high level of journalistic performance and service to communities by recognizing editorial excellence and outstanding visual presentation in regional business publications. In the previous competitions, entries were submitted from 46 publications in the US, Canada and Australia. Winners are announced at the Awards banquet held in conjunctions with the Annual Summer Conference of AABP.
The 2018 Editorial Excellence Awards Call for Entries is now available! Note that March 9, 2018 is the deadline for submissions. This year’s competition will include entries from January 2017-December 2017 (except in certain categories). Awards will be presented in conjunction with the Annual Summer Conference scheduled for June 21-23, 2018 in Washington, DC.
2017 Award Winners
Congratulations! Awards were presented for the Editorial Excellence Awards competition on Saturday, June 24th in Dallas, Texas. Review the press release list of winners and judges comments.
Past Award Winners
Below are links to the Press Release and List of Award Winners for the last several years.
- 2016 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Des Moines, IA
- 2015 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Charlotte, NC
- 2014 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Baltimore, MD
- 2013 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Nashville, TN
- 2012 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Milwaukee, WI
- 2011 Editorial Excellence Awards – presented in Providence, RI